Originally imported as a BK117 A-4 in June of 1998 by Airwork (NZ) Ltd, but exported to Australia as VH-HJQ - it ferried across from Kaitaia to Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands on 04-02-2001.
It was returned to Airwork in late September of 2001 and joined Helicopters Otago on 14-05-03. On 06-08-2009 it was re-designated as a BK117 B-2.
It is one of three operated from Taieri by Helicopters Otago. The other two being B-2 ZK-HUP2 c/n 1031 (black) and B-2 ZK-IME c/n 1074 (red).