Wednesday 22 April 2009

Question time #44

Something different this time !

Three questions. The answer to number 3. I do not actually know - maybe you do ?

1. What model of aircraft would you find this item in ?

2. What is its function ?

3 What type/model of flying machine did it originally come off.


  1. The text is russian, Im going to guess that its a hydraulic ram or pump.

    The aircraft could be a Yak 52/55 Polikarpov I-16 or I-153 or Yak 18.

    Then again it could be something different to those above.

    Give a hint? :)

  2. Yes it is a hydraulic ram.
    The aircraft concerned is none of the above.
    To the best of my knowledge it is not from one of these either.

    No more clues.

  3. It is an electric acuator and rumour has it that is is from a large Russian Helio - apprently.
    Now mounted in something Russian and fixed wing and drives the flaps. Other than that I know nothing!

  4. Ah. Pommyspy is getting close [But not chocolate fish close].

    It is indeed used as a flap actuator & is sourced from the tail end of a soviet helicopter.

    And yes, it is now on a fixed wing flapped machine from what was the old soviet block.

    Good work there Pommyspy.

    So now - type required - then registration.