In the cockpit on the port wing root is this placard.
This Cub was an Airwork import which obtained its NZ C of A as ZK-BQY on 28-06-1957 for delivery and listing with the Northland Districts Aero Club on 21-08-1957. It was damaged at Whangarei in February 1962 but was soon repaired. It then moved on to the Auckland Flying School followed by a stint with the Paraparaumu Flying School until on 05-05-1964 it was listed with the Northern Wairoa Aero Club at Dargaville. It was damaged near Ardmore following engine failure on 22-03-1968. Its registration was cancelled on 20-08-1968.
It was rebuilt at Thames and was re-registered ZK-CYU on 13-02-1969 to A D McLachlan & R J Stewart. Next move was to Renton Foote of Ngatea on 05-02-1971 until sold in December of 1976 for listing with E A & A Mak of Mission Bay on 21-02-1977. In May 1990 it moved to the CYU Syndicate (members included Nelson McEwan, Colin Campbell, E A Mak, G Kurte & J N Hollaway). From 2003 it went through a two year rebuilt by Andrew Phillpotts and was registered back to its original ZK-BQY marks on 07-04-2004 still with the ZK-CYU Syndicate.