Monday 16 November 2020

Black Sands at Te Kowhai - Other First Time Aircraft

I have not been to every Black Sands flyin but I have had a stab at the sport aircraft that I reckon were attending their first Black Sands:

Scott Montagu in the Corby Kestrel ZK-SJM from Matamata

David Wilkinson in his One Design ZK-EZG2 from North Shore

I'm not sure if Texan ZK-TXN2 has been to a Black Sands before, but it certainly hasn't under Brien O'Brien's ownership.  It came from Kaipara Flats

Paul Blackmore flew from Tauranga in his tri-gear Sonex ZK-PDB

And Peter Hicks flew his ex Australian Just Aircraft Highlander ZK-JPU2 from Pauanui

I am not sure if the CZAW Sportcruiser ZK-LED has been to Black Sands under this registration, but it has been under its previous identity of ZK-SXY5.  Jim and Irena Leadbetter flew it across from Matamata.

The aircraft to fly the furthest to the flyin was Tim Ward's Europa ZK-TIM from Christchurch.  This was one of the several aircraft at Black Sands that took the opportunity to attend the AOPA flyin at Turangi the next day.

And Jodel D 9 ZK-KMM was also attending its first Black Sands, as I have already posted.

There might have been other sport aircraft at their first Black Sands, and I stand to be corrected.

2 comments: