Saturday 5 December 2009

A couple of new ones at Rangiora.

A visit to Rangiora this afternoon (Sat 05-12-2009) found two "New " aircraft.
Below is the Fisher R80 Tiger Moth ZK-JAL2 c/n 22. It was registered to James Loughnan on 26-02-2009. It was trucked out to Rangiora about two weeks ago for final rigging and inspections. The R80 is a 80% scale version of the DH82 Tiger Moth.

Also finally with its wings and registration attached is the Sigma ZK-SRN.

The other local Sigma is ZK-JRC2 ,c/n 9, seen in tail dragger mode today.
Note the size of its nose wheel, compared to that of the original on SRN.

Flown for the first time in NZ yesterday was the Cessna 152 ZK-KDP , c/n 80497. It was out thrashing the circuit today

Not seen (by me) in the air since the demise of the NZ Flying School was the Piper PA-34-200 Seneca ZK-NFS , c/n 34-7350165. It dropped in to see us at NZRT today.


Another locally based circuit basher today was the Rans S-6ES Coyote 11 ZK-WMR , c/n 6013505ES






1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Nice blog. I am looking for something Aerobatic, I am based in Australia but there is not much around here. I am interested in locating something in NZ and then flying it back to Oz myself. I am thinking of a Robin at the moment. I see you are a well traveled man so if by any chance you have come across something suitable, could you let me know the details. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete