Sunday 22 January 2023

NAC and GMC Flyin/BBQ at Gordonton Yesterday 21-1-2023

The Gordonton Microlight Club hosted the Northern Aviators Club at their headquarters yesterday and a good selection of 23 aircraft attended.  Unfortunately I cannot as yet download my photos from my camera but David Signal also took some photos:

Clint Kraidy arrived from Matamata in his TEAM Tandem Air Bike ZK-CKD2. It sure looked different to the rest of the attendees!  But you can see it was a pretty warm day as he is wearing a tee shirt.

I flew my Jodel D 9 down from Kaipara Flats with a stop at Te Kowhai for fuel.  Then I hopped over to the GMC strip and arrived in the middle of a gaggle of arrivals.  I was number 3 on finals and I think there were six or so aircraft in the circuit.  After landing we were marshalled to a couple of holding areas until Gary Briggs in his Sonex ZK-SXR took pity on us and overshot so we could all taxy back down the strip.

David Signal left before me and he took this photo of sixteen aircraft still on the ground (click to expand and you will recognise some of the types).  

And thanks to GMC for their hospitality and great BBQ food.


No comments:

Post a Comment