Saturday, 26 January 2013

Kerosene converters at NZMS #1

Above are the three Aero L39 Albatros and the two DH115 Vampires. The Venom and the Strikemaster being in some other part of the sky.
Above and below is the Brett Emeny, New Plymouth based, DH115 Vampire T55 ZK-RVM (c/n 985). This served with the Swiss Air Force as U-1225 from 1958 until being sold in March 1991 for entry onto the Swiss civil register as HB-RVM on 30-06-1992. Cancelled in September 1996 it re-surfaced at ZK-RVM on 26-08-1997.
Below is the Christchurch based De Havilland DH115 Vampire Mk35W ZK-VAM (c/n 4171) from the John Currie Family Trust. This was Australian built and served with the RAAF as A79-649 from July 1957 until sold in January 1970. It was stored at Bankstown with restoration beginning in 1985 for it to enter the Australian civil register as VH-ICP on 26-09-1986 (It first flew again on 19-09-1986). It was flown across the ditch from Brisbane, via Norfolk Island, accompanied by ZK-ZNZ, reaching Auckland on 20-11-1990. It came onto the NZ register as ZK-VAM on 10-06-1991 with the Vampire Syndicate and later listed to E J Currie Family Trust of Christchurch on 01-12-1997 and carries representative RAAF markings as A79-649.
Below is a fleeting glimpse of the DH112 Venom Mk1 ZK-VNM3 (c/n 840). This was FAF built for the Swiss Air Force about 1956. In about the mid 1980's it entered the Swiss civil register as HB-RVA.
It was listed to Wanganui Sea and Air Charters (2006) Ltd as ZK-VNM3 on 10-10-2012. It is now painted to represent "WE434" an aircraft leased from the RAF Far East Air Force by 14 Squadron of the RNZAF in 1956. (Note the white Kiwi on the rudder).

No comments:

Post a Comment