Tuesday 9 February 2021

Hansen Deuce ZK-JFH at Ashburton

Among the aircraft from the SAANZ flyin over the weekend, one that caught my eye was John Hansen's Hansen Deuce ZK-JFH:

When I last saw this aircraft in John Hansen's hangar near Te Awamutu back in November 2019, I noted that John was building a canopy for it.  And here is his finished work.  John explained to me that the rear open cockpit suffered from turbulence coming off the rear of the wing, and he reckoned a canopy would be much more comfortable for longer flights.  I understand the canopy can be removed for open cockpit flight.

I have posted the history of John's Deuce at: https://nzcivair.blogspot.com/2020/04/homegrown-two-seat-homebuilt-aircraft_8.html
 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what became of the second Baking Deuce that was in John's hangar many years ago. The project was commenced by Ray Ball at Hastings however he stopped work on the aircraft following a severe heart attack

    ReplyDelete