Saturday 3 February 2024

Rosedale Heliport at North Shore 2-2 2024 - the A to Z of I_I Helicopters

With various schools returning on different days, I was looking after No 4 grandson (who hadn't yet returned to school) on Friday 2 February.  And as it was not far away I thought I would introduce him to the local heliport.  He is a potential Master Minty but is probably more interested in computer games!  Nevertheless he was keen to use my camera to take some photos of the helicopters: 

The Airbus Helicopters AS 350 B2 ZK-IAI6 was new to me.  It has been posted previously as a sprayer in the Waikato but on 9/5/22 ownership changed to Helicopter Rental Services of Mangere Bridge.  It fired up while we were there and Max took the photo.

In a strange bookending of registration letters, right behind ZK-IAI was ZK-IZI, a Eurocopter EC 130 B4 which was registered to Inflite Ltd of Auckland along with other helicopters on 22/8/23.  It also fired up but only for a ground run.

ZK-IAI6 lifted off and carried out various hover tests before heading off South, providing some other photographic angles.

I think Max was impressed with his introduction to the world of helicopters on his doorstep.


No comments:

Post a Comment