Wednesday 2 February 2022

A Couple of Air to Airs

Last Sunday 30/1/22 Brien O'Brien enquired if I would be interested in flying down with him to take some photos of a farm near Te Aroha.  Of course I would so we took off from Kaipara Flats around 3.30pm in Brien's Texan ZK-TXN2 and headed South over the Hauraki Gulf and the Firth of Thames where the clouds disappeared which made for great conditions for air to ground photography.  The air was was really smooth.  Before we left we chatted with Rob Waters about the possibility of doing some air to air shots of his Tecnam Golf ZK-NOL on our way back to Kaipara Flats.

So on our way back we rendesvous'd over Rakino Island and tracked together past Tiri Tiri Matangi Island and on towards the Mahurangi, and I took some shots of Rob and Nong in the Tecnam.  The lighting was quite good with a fairly low sun:

Rob and Nong in ZK-NOL

But what I didn't realise was that Nong was also videoing us and her screenshots from the video came out pretty well considering she was shooting into the sun.  So here we are in ZK-TXN2 over the Whangaparaoa Peninsula.

It was a "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me" moment!  (That reminds me of a song!).

No comments:

Post a Comment