Monday 31 January 2022

Monty's Miles Messenger at Kaipara Flats Today 31-1-2022

I was delighted to find out the NZ Warbird's Miles M 38 Messenger IIC ZK-CMM2 was flying up to Kaipara Flats airfield this morning, so I popped out for some Jodel maintenance until I heard the Blackburn Cirrus engine approaching (sounds a bit like a Tiger Moth) then I went out to catch its arrival, flown by Graeme Wood:





It's dry in the North!

The instrument panel looked very familiar with its nice round dials.

Then Graeme went for a fly with Bruce Lynch, who has his own Messenger nearly finished at North Shore airfield.

The Messenger is painted to represent Field Marshall Montgomery's personal Messenger from WW II

What a photogenic aircraft!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos, and it's so nice to see her out and about! I'm not sure of the last time I saw her in person. Also great to hear news about Bruce Lynch's example.

    ReplyDelete