Tuesday 21 July 2020

Arion Lightning ZK-JMZ at Te Kowhai

Back in March 2019 I posted about our only Arion Lightning aircraft ZK-TDT as part of my ongoing series on sport aircraft of New Zealand, at:  https://nzcivair.blogspot.com/2019/03/arion-aircraft-lightnings-of-new-zealand.html  In that post I noted that the aircraft had been reregistered as ZK-JMZ2 but that it had not flown with that registration at that time.  I have been looking out for it during my trips through Te Kowhai but I have not managed to see it to date.

However Jordan Elvy managed to photograph it in his and Simon Hills' recent road trip through the Waikato so here it is:

ZK-JMZ2 (c/n 46) was registered to Jim Walker of Hamilton on 27/10/17 as a change of registration.  It is photo'd above in its hangar at Te Kowhai on 19/7/20.

Thanks for the photo Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment