Sunday 30 June 2024

A New Zealand Homebuilt Aircraft at the Wanaka Transport and Toy Museum

Following on from Richard Currie's recent post on the 3 Australian homebuilt aircraft at the Wanaka Transport and Toy Museum, my Facebook feed "miraculously" popped up with a post by the Derelict Aircraft Preservation Group (never seen a post from them before) with more aircraft from said museum.  One of these aircraft particularly interested me:

This was the 7/8 scale SE 5A replica ZK-SET that was built by Stuart Tantrum at Levin.  Way back in September 2011 I posted the then history of SE 5A Replicas of New Zealand - see HERE  

In that post I asked about ZK-SET "Does anyone have a photo of it at the museum?" and Peter Lewis provided a photo but the aircraft was behind a lot of clutter.  Now, more than 12 years later is this fairly clear photo of it that I was after back then.  However I am not sure that ZK-SET is a derelict aircraft in need of preservation.  



No comments:

Post a Comment