Monday 13 June 2022

Update on the Various ZK-VNMs

Back in May I posted about a Trio of Venoms in which I detailed the histories of our three NZ registered Venoms, all of which have been registered ZK-VNM.  The link to that post is:  http://nzcivair.blogspot.com/2022/05/a-trio-of-venoms.html  Since that post I have been contacted by Zac Yates who has advised of a couple of factual inaccuracies, so I will now correct them as follows:

1.  The remains of the first ZK-VNM came as a package with the second ZK-VNM when John Luff purchased it, and are stored on the family farm near Wanganui.

2.  The second ZK-VNM never went to Brett Emeny after its accident at Masterton.  It is still owned by John Luff and is on long term loan to the Classic Flyers Museum at Mt Maunganui, where it is photo'd below by Richard Currie:


(And don't be fooled by the Fletcher hanging above in the photo - it is wrong in many details).


2 comments:

  1. The Vampire fuselage is NZ5767 which now has a refurbished engine and is mounted on a stand. I understand that it was run up recently and I am looking forward to perhaps one day hearing that engine and the refurbished one on NZ5751 running simultaneously. Watch this space! The Fletcher was originally ZK-CRY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fletcher and Venom in one post...must be my lucky day!!

    ReplyDelete