Tuesday 5 November 2019

Surprises at Te Kowhai 2-11-2019

With all the information available on the internet and on social media these days, It would have to be pretty rare for me to come across a new New Zealand sport aircraft that I had never heard of before.  But that is just what happened at Te Kowhai last Saturday when I drove along to one of the long T hangars where the doors were open:

Roger Gibbs of Raglan has built his nice Savannah S ZK-CJV2 from a kit and is just waiting for CAA to come and sign it off.  Roger kindly pushed his aircraft out for a photo - thanks Roger.

When I visited Te Kowhai back in January 2019 I was able to photograph the Vans RV 10 ZK-RVT.  And in a case of "another visit to Te Kowhai, another RV 10" I was pleased to find Phil Anderson's RV 10 ZK-PHL visiting from is base at Hawera as this was the first time I had seen the aircraft in the metal.  It was parked in just about the same spot as ZK-RVT was.  Nice.

And another new aircraft to me was the demonstrator Tecnam P 92 Eaglet UL ZK-TNZ2 which is now registered to Jetboat.Com Ltd of Gore.  It was still there when I passed back North on 4 November when I took this photo.


1 comment:

  1. TNZ was at Te Kowhai when I came through about 3 weeks ago. But was parked over by N5JP. Interesting that it still hasn't moved!

    ReplyDelete