Friday 8 November 2019

Norfolk Road Airstrip on 4-11-2019

After another foggy start, the weather turned out to be beautiful for my trip home on Monday.  I called into the Norfolk Road airstrip and caught up with Gareth Semenoff of Flight Fix Aviation who is always helpful with aircraft details.  Here is some of what was there:

Darrell Brown's Pitts S1 ZK-EES has been refurbished and now sports a 3 bladed scimitar shaped GT prop from Italy.

Gareth told me that Cessna U206F ZK-VQU is about to head South for its Blenheim owner.  It has had STOL cuffs added to the wing leading edges.

Well travelled Cessna 150G ZK-CSW is based at Norfolk Road, for its Turangi owner.

A small sign commemorates its crossing of the Tasman Sea in June 2011.

Cessna 172M ZK-DRQ is Hamilton owned and is maintained by Flight Fix.

The above three aircraft have all been posted on the blog previously but I reckoned they were worth another photo due to the stunning backdrop.

Then there were a couple of taildragger Cessna 172s being worked on - ZK-OMK for Ray Patchett of Blenheim,

and ZK-BSU for Alpine Aviation Ltd of Ashburton (I took this photo when I called through on the previous day on my way to Stratford).



No comments:

Post a Comment