Sunday 24 March 2019

Taylor Monoplane ZK-CZH at Stratford Yesterday 23-3-2019

When I arrived in Stratford with my VW engine I was delighted to find the Taylor Monoplane ZK-CZH in the hangar.

It has been rescued from many years of inactivity at Hawera by Wayne Richmond.  I reckon that it is great to see such a neat old aircraft get another lease of life.  It is the first time I have actually seen the aircraft.

Wayne pushed it out of the hangar on Saturday and it starts so easily! (it has one mag and one distributor, both driven by a chain from the crankshaft)

 And several local taildragger pilots took it for a circuit.  Here is Don Boyd on take off.  It flew really well.

ZK-CZH was built by Jack Hintz of Inglewood but I understand he never flew it.  It has only flown a little over 100 hours since first being registered in 1991.  Its short history (and histories of a few other Taylor Monos) can be found at https://nzcivair.blogspot.com/2010/06/taylor-monoplanes-of-new-zealand-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment