Thanks to Russell Brodie we get a look at the Beagle A.109 Airedale ZK-COA coming together at West Melton.
This new arrival was first registered to Beagle Aircraft at Rearsby, Leicester as G-ASBZ on 23-07-1962 before being shipped out to Australia aboard the SS Hector arriving at Port Adelaide on 15-11-1962.
It became VH-UEP on 11-01-1963 and since 2002 has been with Rodney Clark at Blackburn North in Victoria.
It is O-360 powered with a McCauley constant speed propeller and comes with a total airframe time of 1660 hours.
All these years later it has now become ZK-COA2 with Maximum Ventures of Wanaka.
A factory new example came to NZ in late 1962 and was assembled by Ivan East in the Wellington Aero Club hangar to become ZK-CCW and first flew on 22-12-1962. It is still currently active with East Canterbury Aviation Ltd at Rangitata Island.
Both were together at West Melton earlier this week.