Saturday, 25 July 2026

Microlight Aircraft of New Zealand - Skycraft Scouts (7) - Other Unidentified Scouts

When I started this series of Skycraft Scouts of New Zealand I wrote that the Scout agents, L M Wright of Dunedin reckoned that they had sold around 80 Scouts here but only around 50 had been registered.  In preparing for my posts on Scouts I can account for 49 Scouts that have been registered although 2 of those are early unregistered examples that have been registered quite recently (ZK-JJN and ZK-SLF).  We have been able to obtain photos of 15 of the registered Scouts so that leaves a lot that we don't have photographs of, and we probably never will.

Nevertheless, for my final post on Scouts I will record a few others as follows:

An unidentified Scout at Rangitata Island, probably at the time of one of their Scout "Jamborees".

Three Scouts at one of the Scout "Jamborees at Rangitata Island.  Russell brodie told me that they held several Jamborees with as many as seven Scouts attending.

In this photo we have ZK-EYK and the other blue one is ZK-FFA.  The red one is unknown.

This is a photo of an unidentified Scout hanging up at the South Canterbury Aviation Heritage Centre and Timaru Airport.  Maybe it is one that was never registered?

And to conclude, two Scouts that were never registered but had MAANZ numbers were MAANZ/027 for David McPherson of Oxford and MAANZ/202 for V A N Scott of Wellington - I think this one never flew.  And of course there was the unregistered one that flew with Geoff Williams around the Otago Peninsula and other areas and of which I will attach another photo below:


That's a wrap!  It would be great if any readers could scout around their old photos and produce some more photos of Scouts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment