Wednesday 14 February 2024

Over the Mahurangi Towards Sunset

With my freshly minted BFR in my logbook I went for a flight in ZK-KMM aka Honey Bebe in the late early evening yesterday.  It was magical up there - so smooth and with wonderful late light giving long shadows.  I took off at 1910 hrs and flew down to the Mahurangi rivermouth and back:

Lots of boats moored in the Mahuangi River off Scotts Landing.

Honey Bebe back on the ground at Kaipara Flats around 2000 hrs.

So nice to be back flying my Jodel with no flaps, no trim and no brakes!  Pure flying?


3 comments:

  1. Back on the ground around 2200 hrs ,did the BFR include a night rating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. I was back on the ground around 2000 hrs. I will correct the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Minty, love the pic - beautiful 🙏
    Appreciate your love of pure flying.
    Duxy

    ReplyDelete