Thursday 29 February 2024

Ardmore Today - I Went for the Mosquito but I Stayed for the Spitfire

I had to travel down to North Shore today so I phoned Avspecs and was told that the Mosquito would be out this morning but they couldn't advise the time.  It did not take me long to head off down the motorway, leaving Warkworth at 9.15 and arriving at Ardmore at 10.30:

Just as the crew hooked up ZK-PWL/NZ2308 to tow it back into the hangar!  I would have been gutted if I had been 10 minutes later!

The day was stunning and so was the Mosquito.

I missed hearing the sound of 3 Merlins but I did not miss the Merlin sound as Doug Brooker was doing lots of circuits in ZK-WDQ/MH367:

In the morning he was flying off Runway 21, 

And after a coffee break the wind swung around so he was flying off Runway 03.

A great day and I took a lot of photos, so I might post some more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment