Wednesday 23 February 2022

Hamilton leading on to Raglan 19-2-2022

As I was at Hamilton airport last Saturday, I went around to the old Pacific Aerospace area to see what was there:

Nothing was outside but an aircraft poked its nose out from the hangar.  Aha I thought, another E 350 Expedition, but alas my aircraft identifying capabilities had let me down.  It fact it was the Cessna 206 ZK-DEE2.  

However, that got me thinking of things E 350 and I looked back on the blog as I knew I had posted some photos of the two examples that Pacific Aerospace had built at Hamilton:  ZK-EXP2 (see HERE) and ZK-EPP (see HERE).  After looking at those posts I realised that no one had posted a photo of ZK-EXP2 fully painted so I went looking:

And I "found" a couple of photos on the old Pacific Aerospace website.

ZK-EXP2 at Raglan on a lovely day, showing the whole width of the airfield.

Then later on, because we were staying at Ngahinapouri, we went for a meal at Raglan where I took this photo of the now fenced off narrower airstrip with orange cones across the runway and a protest encampment.  How things have changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment