Tuesday 6 June 2017

Paul Beauchamp-Legg Memories

I was very sad to hear of the passing of Paul Beauchamp-Legg.  I met Paul in 1983 when he bought a half share of Jodel D 9 ZK-KMM that I had just finished building.  Paul piloted the Jodel through its test flying schedule and flew it to the 1984 AACA flyin at New Plymouth.

Paul at the 1984 AACA flyin.  Paul also flew ZK-KMM to the 1985 AACA flyin at Queenstown and on that journey he flew around most of the South Island.

Paul also wrote a series of instructional childrens books titled "Jodie the Tiny Aeroplane" which featured many of his real life adventures.  During the time that Paul lived in the Marlborough Sounds he based Jodie at Omaka.  He often flew the plane to and from Feilding to visit family, during which he flew Jodie across Cook Strait 38 times!  Paul always told me that Jodie was his favourite aircraft of all the many types that he flew, which I was very proud of.

Goodbye Paul, I will remember you with great pleasure.  Rest In Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment