Friday 31 July 2020

Back to Ardmore 30-7-2020

Another canopy run to Papakura with some work to be done on the mould before Composites International finished for the day saw me at Ardmore late in the day.  Nothing much was happening apart from a few training planes doing circuits in the gathering gloom.

Southern Wings' Alpha 2160 ZK-SWZ was one of those using Runway 03.

I was sitting in the pull off area beside 03 eating my ciabatta bun, you will know where I mean Mike, when it made its last approach right down the road towards and over the top of me!  It turns out there is another short 03 grass strip 518m X 15m that I had not seen any aircraft operating off before.

1 comment:

  1. 03 grass (left of the seal ) was used by the Auckland Gliding Club in its years of Ardmore residency. It used left grass on all four vectors 03, 21 and 07, 25.

    ReplyDelete