Tuesday 25 February 2020

Auckland International back on 20-2-2020

I travelled down to Wellington last Thursday, and as usual I allowed enough time for a look see down at the Air New Zealand and Air Chathams maintenance areas:

I don't know how much utilisation Air New Zealand is getting from their Dreamliners but there were a lot of them sitting around at their maintenance base.  There are 5 of the in this shot with another one obscured in the hangar.  ZK-NZD and ZK-NZE were engine-less.

The latest Dreamliner ZK-NZR2 (c/n 65088/919) has been on the register since 22/10/19.

I must have just missed Richard Currie as I took an almost identical photo of the Air Chathams DC 3 ZK-AWP.  However I also caught the Convair 580 ZK-KFL behind the DC 3, and it seemed to have picked up some polystyrene on its bill.

The DC 3 is named "Skyliner Kaitaia" as it was originally with NAC from 1963 to 1972.

And from the domestic terminal carpark, Airwork's latest Boeing B 737-400 freighter ZK-TLM (c/n 24813) which has been on the register since 10/12/19.

No comments:

Post a Comment