Tuesday 1 May 2018

Bolkow Junior ZK-CJF at Ardmore

When I arrived at Ardmore last week Keith Trillo was working on his hangar doors, and inside the hangar was his Bolkow Bo 208A Junior ZK-CJF:

Keith's Bolkow is the first one I have seen with spats.  Keith told me he made them himself and that they add 4 knots onto its 100 knot cruise speed.

We have had a total of 10 Bolkow Juniors in New Zealand (ZK-CJA,B,E,F,G,H,I,K,L and ZK-EDH Which was originally slated to be ZK-CJJ but was stored for some years)).  They were imported by Aerocraft of Palmerston North between 1964 and 1966, and amazingly they are all still currently registered.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, I'd like to see the paperwork that goes with those homemade spats on a certified aircraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing safety record for a training a/c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing Keith I'm sure the spats are perfectly legal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, a pile of paper accompanies those spats!

    ReplyDelete