Thursday, 17 September 2026

A Tale of Two Squirrels

I was down at North Shore airfield yesterday when a black Airbus Helicopters Squirrel helicopter was pushed out of its hangar and hover taxied across to the fuel pumps for some Jet A1.  I didn't take too much notice of it as a black Squirrel is a black Squirrel, but when I was talking to Stan Smith it lifted off and I took a long shot of it.

It did, however, turn out to be confusingly different:

ZK-HTS4 (c/n 9791) AS350B3 was registered to Stormbird Ltd of Auckland on 9/10/25.

But wait, I hear you ask - didn't Richard Currie take a photo of ZK-HTS at North Shore and post it on the blog back on 28 December 2022?  Yes he did, but that was ZK-HTS3 (c/n 9189) AS350B3, also registered to Stormbird Ltd.

Confused?  Well ZK-HTS3 was re-registered as ZK-HYY4 on 11/6/25 this freeing up the registration to be used on the almost identical looking black AS350B3 Squirrel of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment